CleverScan – manhole inspection
CleverScan – manhole inspection
CleverScan is a rapid, automated Manhole Inspection system. With the press of a button, CleverScan performs a rapid, high-res, fully automated manhole inspection. You get a flat scan that captures image detail from every inch of manhole wall, plus a dense point cloud that can be easily merged into any CAD or 3D application.
CleverScan’s compact, lightweight design travels anywhere and deploys in minutes.
CleverScan’s five HD cameras and powerful illumination system allow it to build a detailed image scan and capture video. The scan presents high-resolution detail from every square inch of a manhole wall, and allows an analyst to quickly scan for structural defects, infiltration and unmapped features. The scan can also be annotated and measured using a host of tools within CleverScan software, and WinCan’s CleverScan module allows you to create detailed reports effortlessly.
CleverScan’s array of four lasers capture the geometry of the manhole into a high-resolution point cloud. This geometry is ideal for performing capacity studies, taking measurements for rehab projects and populating CAD models. Point cloud data is exportable in a variety of common formats and can be viewed directly in the CleverScan software and WinCan’s CleverScan module.
CleverScan inspects a manhole in less than 30 seconds, and supports production rates of up to 50 manholes per day. Once positioned over a manhole, a single button press initiates the scan sequence. The system measures manhole depth, lowers the probe accordingly, and then assembles scan data for instant viewing in CleverScan software. From CleverScan software, data can be transferred to WinCan’s CleverScan module for reporting and advanced analysis, and also shared via WinCan Web.
CleverScan helps keep your per-manhole inspection costs at an industry low:
- Speed – When you inspect more manholes in a day, your cost per manhole drops.
- Operating Costs – CleverScan is the most affordable automated manhole scanner on the market.
- Size and Weight- CleverScan’s portable design means it can be deployed by a single operator from any small utility vehicle, helping you keep overhead costs low.
- complete inspection and reporting within approx. 5 minutes per shaft
- for shafts with a maximum depth of approx. 10 m and a diameter of up to approx. 2 m
- 5 HD cameras (4 side and 1 front camera)
- Laser for measurement of geometry
- Battery operation (running time approx. one working day)
- integrated cable drum with 10 m special cable
- robust frame, adjustable and lightweight
- Image processing integrated in camera electronics
- Linux operating system
- completely automated inspection process
- Protection class: (camera head IP67, control unit IP54)
- Intel i5 or i7 processor
- at least 8 Gbyte RAM
- Gbit Ethernet interface
- SSD hard disk min. 256 Gb
- HD monitor (min. 1024×768)
- Windows 7 or 10 Business
- Evaluation software (included in the price)
WinCan reporting software:
- all available shaft inspection standards (worldwide)
- Compatible with ESRI GIS systems
- 3D representation of the shaft
- HD Front Video
- HD Unfolding of the shaft surface